Junior Tennis at Grosvenor Lawn Tennis Club
Welcome to the Junior area of the Grosvenor Website.
We hope you find all the information you need to know all about what we offer our younger members but please get in touch if you’d like to know more.
Grosvenor Tennis Club run a comprehensive junior programme for children aged 3 to 18. Presently there around 160 juniors enjoying weekly tennis sessions. We have a team of LTA qualified coaches with many years of experience who are able to coach players at beginner level to national level.
Children aged 9 and under : Our mini tennis programme
For children aged 9 and under we offer a comprehensive coaching programme with our team of LTA highly qualified and experienced coaches. Sessions are held on most days of the week and are great fun as well as an excellent introduction to tennis. They cost in the region of £4 per session and are organised on a termly basis. We also run regular tournaments for children of this age and enter team competitions.
Youngsters aged 10+
The coaching programme continues for the youngsters as they get older and their skills develop. We run internal tournaments, teams in local leagues as well as varied and stimulating training sessions.
For children aged 10 and over we offer a comprehensive and varied membership package. This currently cost £24 per year.
As part of this package the youngsters gain:
- unlimited access to the coaching programme (places permitting, and at extra cost)
- opportunity for individual lessons if requested, at additional cost
- are provided with a court key and timetable for court access when they can play with other club members
- the opportunity, if selected, to take part in performance squads
- can join in with our monthly junior fun tournaments on Saturday evenings 5-8pm) organised with a range of themes and a variety of structures
- the opportunity to enter the Annual Club Championships (doubles and singles)
- the opportunity, places permitting, to play in our club teams. For the 2013 season we are planning a 9 and Under team in the County Aegon League and a 12U and a 14U in the local Chelmsford League
- over 13 year olds can sign up for training as Junior Leaders under the LTA scheme